Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Peace has never been so good.

Restful Longing


The watery moon-lit
      glaze flows below
            my brain with such
                   strength - such certainty


As the midnight tree creatures
      dance upon my ears
            with music
                  as fruit might to a tongue


Save me - calm earth,
      from the blustering boom
            of tomorrow


Let me rest for now
      hush these thoughts
            as water vapor fills
                  my lungs with a cool
                        silence


      beautiful breath..


This canyon of wounds
      invites healing
            this graceful plea of
                  filtered sorrow


It was never about the rain
      - each droplet, so small
            but the peaceful accumulation
                  flowing into the pond of
                        wisdom


The place where the dirt
      proudly lies, settled
             at the bottom - smiling upward
                   through the pure cleansing
                         waters of time and knowing


Each word - a droplet
      each thought - a puddle
            all joining together
                  in the resting place
                        where I long to be.

1 comment:

  1. As I read this to Dad, it opened up to me. He said that you are very good, btw :) I love your symbolism...you are so great at it! Awesome...I think I'll read it again...

    ReplyDelete